I originally wrote this post for my Active Rain blog in 2008 – I love the overall feel and meaning, but it was sadly in need of an update! So below is the refreshed version…
Most of you who read my blog know that I am a Real Estate Virtual Assistant and that I market / brand myself as “The 10 Hour VA” and that I believe in showing “The Value” that I can provide to you in just 10 hours per month. I do not want my clients counting hours or pennies when working with me, I want them to focus on what I can accomplish for them in 10 hours every month. I want to build that ongoing relationship, I want to show you the value and have a vested interest in your success as a real estate professional. To describe my goal better, here’s a paragraph from the home page on my website:
My concept is that clients who partner with me for 10 hours per month, on retainer, have a clear outlined value that they can expect to receive. I’m not going to punch a time clock, I am not going to be micro-managed and report to my clients every minute of my time – because all that does is waste time, what I am going to do is work. Work to achieve value for my clients. Money comes hard, but I want to work with you and show you how working with ProudPropertyAssistance.com can improve your overall marketing efforts, administrative effectiveness, and basically take over the parts of running your business that you put off or don’t excel at and help your business grow financially. Then maybe that money will come a little easier…
So, who is my ideal client? Well, my ideal client is a real estate professional who:
- Communicates well via email.
Constant phone calls are disruptive to my work schedule and usually just starts a game of phone tag – email allows you the freedom to get back to each other at your convenience and is usually a much more thorough method of communication. It also gives me a reference to refer back to so that I can make sure that my client’s needs are being met.
- Can afford me…
I offer the highest value in return for my monthly retainer fee, but you should certainly not be looking at whether you should pay me this month, or your utility bills! You must have figured on my services and budgeted for the expense.
- Is willing to listen to my ideas / strategies…
I have been doing this since 2000, I am a licensed agent myself, and I have worked with agents all over the country. I don’t know everything – no where close – but I have a great general knowledge of how to handle things and improve upon things and how best to allocate my time for my client’s biggest value return. I learn tons from my clients everyday, and who knows, maybe someday I will get back out there as an active agent, but right now I am just happy keeping up to date and knowing that I am helping others out there do what needs to be done to improve their business.
- Has a goal.
I love working with clients who tell me that by the end of XXX I want to accomplish XYZ. It’s a challenge and I love working with clients to achieve their goals.
- Has a sense of humor.
- Is Respectful.
I am very appreciative of the time that my clients take to send me over their information, tasks, etc…as well as of all of their other time committments. All I ask is that my clients show me the same courtesy. Keeping me on retainer does not mean that I am your slave, chained to my computer. It means that I allocate so many hours per month to do my best for you, to provide the best and most value that I can for you. I do not punch a time clock and I am not an employee…WHAT I Am… is an eager partner in your success!
I like to make a difference in my clients’ business visibility and bottom line. The best thing about my value packages is that they are tailored to my clients…we can make them whatever YOU need. For some examples, you can visit the “A lot can be accomplished in 10 hours” page on my website.
Are you my ideal client? Do items 1-6 above sound like you? Do you need help with blogging, website maintenance, listing maintenance, proposals, CMAs, marketing, newsletters, advertising listings, etc…??? If this sounds like you, than you could be my ideal client and I want to meet you! Please click on the “Get Started Now” link on the top of this page. You can read about some of my other clients, about my memberships and affiliations and contact me directly.
Thanks for taking the time to read this post about my ideal client…now, it’s obvious that I know who my ideal client is – the question is, do you know who your ideal client is? LOL (I always like to turn the tables!)
A lot can be accomplished in 10 hours…
Partnering with a Virtual Assistant for 10 hours per month can accomplish so much. Below are some real life examples of what can be accomplished for my real estate virtual assistant clients within 10 hours per month.
- Update blog weekly
- Update print version of office inventory weekly
- Update listings on website weekly
- Update contacts in database and send out newsletter monthly
(This stuff has to be done and the value of having it done well by a virtual assistant specializing in real estate support services, as opposed to by an entry level in office assistant who just wants to collect her weekly paycheck is astonishing.)
- Prepare listing presentations
- Research and contact the expired listings in your target area
- Research and contact the FSBOs in your target area
- Send greeting cards to your sphere of influence
(Just one contract obtained from either of these methods could more than pay for our fees for about 2 years!)
Example #3: (we call this our Web 2.0 package)
- Focuses all our time on marketing your site on the web…everything from search engine optimization, blogging, improving website content for search engine performance, writing press releases and submitting them, submitting your site to various real estate directories, constantly keeping website and content fresh and new to improve your rankings and bring you new traffic.
(Don’t get left behind…who’s the agent in your office or neighborhood who seems to be the “charmed one”? You can bet that whomever they are…they are paying attention to all things internet! 80% of all home buyers use the Internet, according to a NAR profile from 2006…and those numbers have most likely increased since then.)
Those are just a few samples of how The 10 Hour VA can improve your overall business performance and free you up to sell real estate! Below is a complete list of services that we offer…your 10 Hour VA package can be as customized as you like, according to your needs. We do offer higher retainer packages containing more hours; however, we feel that the value that can be brought to your business just by partnering with us for 10 hours is a great way to start.
Complete List of Services:
- Website Design / Maintenance and Updates (Please note that website design contracts are done separately from virtual assistant retainer contracts and at different rates.)
- Blog Setup, customization and management
- Creating a “Team” area on the internet (for frequently needed documents, inventory lists, floor schedules, communication, etc…)
- Online listing maintenance and updates
- Handling your REALTOR.com listing enhancements, iMarketing tasks, and website
- Custom Marketing Materials (Flyers, Postcards, Greeting Cards, Fax Sheets, Letters, eFlyers, etc…)
- Advertising management in Print Media
- Custom Ad Design for print media
- Graphical Enhancement on property photos (Why is there always a trash can in front of a house on the day that you need to take the property photo or why does the grass always look brown in the photos when in person it is really much greener? No worries, I can fix that!)
- Digital Property Photography (Local to North San Diego Country area only)
- CMA Preparation
- Phone Script Maintenance
- Contact Management
- Budget Maintenance
- e-newsletter creation & maintenance
- Newsletter creation & maintenance for mailing via postal service
- MLS maintenance and updates
- Update inventory lists / newsletters for the brochure boxes at properties.
- Creating / Maintaining Presentation Books
- Online procurement of office supplies, realtor supplies, etc…
- Organize your email client software (to utilize your email time more wisely and keep you organized.)
- Familiar with the following and many more!
TopProducer, Online Agent, MLS, ACT!, Advanced Access, Homes.com, REALTOR.com, Number1Expert, Craig Proctor’s System, GoToMyPC.com, PCAnywhere, all Microsoft Office Programs, GoldMine, and misc. graphics and bookkeeping packages to get the job done right!